Sunday, October 4, 2009

pinholaroid


pinholaroid, originally uploaded by tanalised.

I made or more correctly kustomised a pinhole camera.
Its a Polaroid Colorpak 80, with the front sawn off 25mm or so and recapped with double thick matboard; with a lens created from a jim beam can; then the finest needle I could find was gently twirled into the centre of this sanded down aluminium, to create the tiny pinhole; which makes it about a focal length of 13mm and a f stop of 143. Pinholaroid it is. Hardest thing is getting hold of the pack film for it, what with Polaroid pulling up the stumps on production. Still I've managed to scrounge some of some of my pharmacy colleagues (we used to use this film a lot for instant passport photos.) Get your tutorial from the gifted Micheal C Pastur at YouTube. Check out his images at czak142p on Flickr.

You get some surprisingly good images with a camera like this. I just guess the exposure; about 1 second on a sunny day. Haven't tried many longer exposures yet. I'll post an image or two soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment